A new feature - exit phase - was added to the game this week. These blocks are taken from the Xbox version. You can read about exit phase blocks here. Exit phase are one-time phase - they either phase in or out once when all the gold is collected. I'm sure the Puzzle Master General (Leandro) could find lodes of uses for these blocks.
Exit phase blocks!
I've added the "Flying Lode Runner" quirk to Quirks Mode. It is slightly different to the Original - you can't run out of walls in this rewrite but apart from that, it should behave the same.
Fly Jake, fly!
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- when moving puzzles around via the Puzzle Viewer dialog, the undo's for the puzzle will move with it
- fixed bug that made rock piles (from a pick-axe) permanent
- throwing goo now matches the Original in all aspects;
- fixed bug would destroy goo thrown into a phase block if timing was perfect
- improved visual when drawing rock piles inside phase blocks that are phasing in
- runners can no longer enter a puzzle and land on a monk that is directly above a monk that is entering a puzzle - this matches the original
- runners can no longer enter a puzzle two tiles above a monk entering a puzzle and survive- this matches the original
- added "Flying Lode Runner" quirk to Quirks Mode
- fixed bug that caused a falling monk to wait, resulting in two monks getting stuck (Jayde)
- improved monks transitioning from running in goo to running or idling
- save game format no longer uses the full path to the puzzle set - this makes it easy to copy a save to a different PC to play (Howie)
- this does not affect your current saves - they'll continue to load just fine
- tweak to the scrollbar control to improve accuracy
Bugs being worked on
- game failing to launch on some Windows 8 PCs (Leandro)
- blocks blasted instantly 'healing' and crushing a monk - timing dependent (Jayde)
- case-sensitive filename support not working correctly on non-Windows machines
What I'll probably do next week
- project clean-up
- LAN lobby