This week appears rather light on but don't worry - 99% of my time was spent working on LAN which is coming along very nicely.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed bug that did not always reset the settings values of a tile when using undo
- paint helper now shows for erase (Gareth)
- players will now cross to a ladder from a monkey bar the same as the Original
- fixed bugs introduced with last weeks major code changes (bombs, fall-through and exit doors)
- fixed bug that prevented falling goo to land on blocks blasted by a bomb (Leandro)
- fixed bug that prevented blocks blasted by a bomb from restoring at the same time
- fixed tool drop bug
I've not noticed this until now but I'm sure others fans must have: what happens when you drop a tool when in front of a buried ladder? It hides - in both the Original and this rewrite. You can still pick it up but you can't see it. If you look at a normal ladder you can see it is because tools drop behind them. However, when dropping tools on hidey-holes or exits the tool goes in front. I've done the same since it doesn't really make sense how the tool somehow gets behind the ladder.
Original tool drop bug
- fixed wrong slot being selected when open or closed
- clients are now updated when the host toggles the number of gamers who can join
- host's display name changes colour to match ready state when puzzle transfer is initiated
- in-game chat box updated to make it easier to read
Gameplay is well underway. Currently, you can move about and collect gold and tools. I'm on track for completed LAN in the upcoming end-of-month build.
Updated chat box
Bugs being worked on
- monks merging together on ladders (Leandro)
What I'll probably do next week
- LAN gameplay