More internet troubles this week. I'm not sure if it is the solar charger failing or battery. When this happens, Gareth usually replies to your emails (most of the time under my name) and lets me know - his code is usually a build or two behind so he isn't able to send patches.
Internet aside, a lot of work still got done. Quite a lot actually which is very nice.
The July build will up for download sometime around Saturday the 30th Australian time.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- extra runners will now change the puzzle version - any puzzles with extra content not in the Original Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monks' Revenge won't open in the Original game. Removing new content will allow the puzzles to be opened.
- if you like to open them, you can use Jim Winkler's LodeEdit
- UI sound effects fixed, removing duplicate and missing sounds
- when using the mouse wheel to rapidly scroll puzzles;
- removed sound effect (too annoying!)
- increased speed
- Save-As added - hold CTRL/Command when clicking the save button - suggested by Jared
- fixed introduced bug that allowed monks to fall into a blasted hole with a rope trap set above instead of being caught
- tweaked runners landing on monks - complete overhaul coming soon
- support added for timed games
- continued work on 4P support;
- altered pink in all colour palettes
- fixed Jane/Digmo goo bucket (Rick)
- fixed regen bombs showing incorrect tile (Rick)
- fixed runners not using their exit door or using another runners door (Rick)
- cheat shortcuts to grant extra lives;
- added CTRL/COMMAND+3 to grant Digmo (green) an extra life
- added CTRL/COMMAND+4 to grant Jane (pink) an extra life
- added CTRL/COMMAND+1 to grant Jake an extra life - CTRL/COMMAND+] will still work
- CTRL/COMMAND+R to restart will now work when paused - this matches the Original
- fixed bug that crashed the game when going to a puzzle with no runners (Steve)
- to access hidden puzzles, you cannot collect all the gold - this matches Original
- altered the colours of the Skynet time vortexes to match each runner colour
- added the Commodore 64 colour theme
The Resistance using the SkyNet time machine
Commodore 64 theme
I wonder what this does?
- correct sound for monks eating runners fixed
- fixed erratic movements after resuming a paused game
- fixed tooltips in host/client disconnection message
- improved handling of network messages (also fixes crashing in some puzzles)
- worked on tool used to add/remove/create assets for the game - currently, tasks are divided up over three separate programmes
- fixed caching issue with content manager
- replaced the "okay" icon on all dialogs and prompts - in the shot below, the icons now make more sense and are more universal;
- the arrow with a tail didn't really make sense visually
- tick/check mark taken from the old options icon
- thanks to Jared and Gareth for the idea
"New" tick icon
Bugs being worked on
- monks merging together on ladders (Leandro)
- monks bunching together too closely on ladders (Howie, Gareth, Me)
- runners not entering exit doors (Howie)
What I'll probably do next week
- bug fixes
- LAN fixes