This week was spent slowly working on LAN (Lidgren replacement library) and issues with player movement that I accidently introduced last build. Thanks to Howie and Jeffrey for pointing them out.
If you speak German then good news! Thanks to EnneaX for taking the time to create a German language file.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- you can no longer flood fill a player;
- a single player will be painted instead
- fixed players not being able to fully climb a ladder (Howie/Jeffrey)
- fixed runners falling and standing on monks that are/were eating a runner in a blasted brick - this now matches the Original (Howie)
- fixed monks not choosing the last column of tiles to enter the puzzle
- fixed the game hanging when monks have no entry door
- fixed bug that did not play the world music tracks when no track is set (Jeffrey)
- added Monks don't drop gold quirk (Howie)
- player incineration animations now match the Original (Howie)
- fixed explosions for both small and large bombs
Big bombs share the same animation as a small bomb exploding. The problem is the 1st frame of the animation has the bomb with the fuse burned right down. As you can see in the GIF below (left side), the big bomb turns into a small one before exploding. The solution I came up with was to just draw the big bomb over the top of the small and call it a day. If this sounds vaguely familiar, it is because I wrote about it two years ago. Fast forward and I now have the ability to create animations.
There are now two bomb explosion animations - one for each bomb type. Also, for some reason I still haven't been able to come up with, each frame of animation has offsets that move the bomb 44 pixels to the right and bottom. I've updated the animation files to fix this so there are no more dodgy bits of code.
Bombs exploding; Original on the left and new on the right
- box and line drawing no longer require access to the content manager
- texture now properly disposed of when taking a screenshot via F12 shortcut
- German language option now added to the game - special thanks to EnneaX for the translation
Bugs being worked on
- jerky movement when playing on Ubuntu machines
- darkness mode does not render correctly on Ubuntu machines
- monks merging when ladders are involved
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original
What I'll probably do next
- continue working on LAN
- ability to 'pause' the game when testing and return after minor edits