What I've done this week
Not a great deal has been done when written down, but visually, quite a bit has been added.
Say hello to the game intro!
All the stuff I wanted to get done this week was put off to get the player code ready for my brother to add in the AI. This and getting addicted to finishing cut-scenes that I hadn't planned on doing.
- improved the adjust settings (pliers) tool;
- holding down the mouse for half a second will increase/decrease automatically without having to click dozens of times
- improved the timing value for the regen bombs
- this must be accurate as one of the original puzzles depended on the timings
- I'm not sure why, but it is very tricky to work out
- fixed bug that would not show a regular exit door in a puzzle that doesn't have gold
- my brother has done quite a lot with path-finding. He'll be posting an article in the next day or two
- started separating the player class into three; base, hero and monk
- fixed bug in scrollbars that would ignore minimum value checks when dragging the widget
- added the intro logos and Jeff Tunnell Productions animation
- added support for in-game cut-scenes;
- some audio needs adding
- music needs to be added
Cut-scene work in progress
Ancient World cut-scene
Doing cut-scenes threw up a bonus too: I found out the purpose of some the unidentified values in movie files. I don't use these values as they don't appear to be for anything.
What I'll probably do next week
- everything from week 4 update that I didn't get to this week
- finish separating the players