I spent a few days helping Gareth out with Lode Runner 2. He will be getting around to doing another blog post soon. I've also had internet troubles - three trips up the mountain (at 6km a trip) meant I had a few days off.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed wrong shortcut being applied to the paste tool
- fixed players being able to cross off a ladder when hanging too far off the bottom rung (Howie)
- fixed runners not getting crushed correctly when being eaten by a monk in a blasted hole (Howie)
- monks can now climb out of a hole with a runner standing on top when using classic mode (Howie/MacLr)
- "Trapdoor between ladders" quirk now matches the Original
- refactored moving left/right when using a ladder;
- this code had remained relatively untouched for 2+ years and was a little bit of a mess
- fixed monks not being able to climb down ladders when YOG'd
We've discovered a bug in LAN gaming that causes the game to go out-of-sync whenever a puzzle is completed. I looked through the recent changes made to networking and didn't see anything. Next step was to revert the changes back to an older copy. None fixed the issue. I know why the game is not staying in sync but I can't find exactly where the issue is coming from. I've got it working (not happy with the mess of code to do so) but you can play.
- refactored networking class
- fixed typo in auto-save filename
- added Spanish language as an option - special thanks to Luis
- fixed incorrect tooltip on main menu (MacLr)
- fixed crash when attempting to close a dialog that had not been created
Bugs being worked on
- flipping pasted selections in editor can cause a crash (Ali)
- monks merging together when crossing on/off ladders
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original
What I'll probably do next
- improve LAN performance
- ability to 'pause' the game when testing and return after minor edits