Sometime in the past month I appear to have re-introduced monks merging together on ladders. Longtime blog readers will remember how many times I've claimed to have fixed this only to download a new build and get the same issue. The monk hump 'n bump code has never worked that great. Well, I'm happy to report that I've finally gotten around to redoing it all and it now works very much the same as the Original.
I've got quite a lot of testing to do before the end-of-month build but hopefully you'll notice the improvements.
The other major change this week is saved games. Due to quite a few changes, it wasn't really practical to maintain backwards compatibility... this means any games saved with builds uploaded after this week won't be able to load your old saves.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- if the game crashes while editing, an auto-save will be created in your puzzles folder;
- example: "NAME-OF-SET AUTOSAVE DATE.PZL"
- fixed moving the cursor with arrow keys not working correctly in full-screen
- selected regions;
- fixed flipped selection not always pasting into the puzzle
- fixed selections that are moved and copied not pasting into the puzzle
- similar to teleports when adjusting settings, monks and monk entry doors now show a link
Links now show when adjusting either a monk or monk door
- save game format updated - old saves can no longer be restored!
- complete rewrite of monk bunching/catch & release/hump 'n bump
- tweaked algorithm that chooses which runner to chase;
- similar to the Original
- monks no longer get stuck going back and forth
- fixed monks not getting squished in phase blocks in some scenarios
- monks no longer wait on other monks that are standing in a hole - matches the Original
- fixed monks falling into a blasted hole that did not exist
- fixed bug that allowed multiple monks to share the same blasted hole
- fixed YOG mode not cycling through monks correctly
- monks crossing onto ladders and then changing their mind now play the animation in reverse - matches the Original
- fixed monks not eating runners correctly in some scenarios
- fixed bug when skipping puzzles (cheating) to the end of the set
- you can no longer cast yourself into oblivion if you are already dying - this matches the Original
- you are now awarded the correct amount of bonus lives when entering the secret puzzles
- exit door sound effect now plays when completing the last puzzle in the set (for all game modes) to prevent the game rapidly ending
- tweaked player positioning calculations
- fixed crash when host boots a connected gamer from the lobby
- added proper restore game support
- updated MonoKickstart (for Mac OS X and Linux builds)
- fixed bug in puzzle preview dialog
- improvements to UI label control
- fixed bug in automated build tool (used to ZIP the builds uploaded) (TJ)
Bugs being worked on
- runners not entering exit doors (Howie)
- some Windows machines not be able to detect LAN games (Steve)
- machines with a different Windows on host/client are affected
What I'll probably do next week
- fix bugs from LAN gameplay