We've had quite a few emails about getting Mad Monks' Revenge to run on the Raspberry Pi. This is on the TODO list and is being looked into from time to time. We're Windows guys so will probably package the game up and be taking the Windows 10 IoT route.
I plan to look into MMR Pi later this month. Of course, feel free to have a crack at it yourself with Windows 10 IoT or using the Linux build.
The editor/save state/needs-a-new-name feature is yet to be started - don't worry, I've not given up or forgotten about it. I've been taking time going through my TODO list and checking off long outstanding items and doing general project maintenance.
I've also been helping my brother work out some kinks in Lode Runner 2 - he might even treat you by actually finishing his blog post that has been sitting un-posted for a fortnight.
As usual, you can head over to the MMR website to get the week 19 build.
Special thanks this week to Howie and macLr for their testing with classic gameplay mode. A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed monks not playing the correct frame of animation when being struck by pick-axe rubble (Howie)
- fixed monks sharing a blasted brick when one was struck by pick-axe rubble (Howie)
- runners can no longer jackhammer a brick at the same time;
- the Original also shared this bug
- removed redundant code when players are crushed by phase/blasted bricks
- fixed gamepad force feedback not working for playing animations (blast, pick-axe, crush, drill, etc)
- fixed rule mismatch that allowed runners to blast when standing on a monk when classic mode is not enabled (MacLr)
- runners can not collect gold above a trapdoor if coming from the sides when classic mode is enabled (Howie)
- you can no longer blast a brick that has gold on top when classic mode is enabled (Howie)
- simplified pre-game pausing
- fixed crash on resuming paused games;
- also removed pause limit
- client machines no longer gas/revive players with befuddlement gas (host will do this)
- fixed changing display name and dropping gamers toggles not working in the lobby
- rewrote remote keyboard management;
- slight sacrifice in bandwidth to make code cleaner
- fixed flaw in puzzle helper that excluded a runner start location from searches
Bugs being worked on
- monks merging together when crossing on/off ladders
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original
What I'll probably do next
- improve LAN performance
- ability to 'pause' the game when testing and return after minor edits