Week #22 update
Special thanks to Jeffrey, Howie and Maclr for letting me know about the problems with the last build (17.05.28).
Thanks to Luis for the Spanish translation. This week was spent updating the File Dialog and making some improvements to LAN.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed missing keyboard shortcut for paste
- fixed pick-axe debris not removing brick state when crumbling away (MacLr)
- reduced/reorganized input checking code in players
- fixed logic bug when calculating player headings
- refactored how tools are collected, moved, destroyed and spawned
- you can no longer click the puzzle number to skip when inside bonus puzzles or skip to a secret puzzle - this matches the Original
- refactored tile state handling
LAN gaming is still currently unavailable in this build. I've no ETA at the moment on when it will be ready to enable.
- fixed typo in English language file
- fixed bug in textbox control that fired events when no text was entered
- fixed scrollbar event firing twice when mouse wheel is used to scroll
- updated file dialog;
- supports directories
- increase in height
- file extensions now visible (.PZL for puzzle sets and .SVG for saved games)
Instead of adding the code equivalent of a Band-Aid or two, I took the time to add proper support for directories and removed all the old code. This is one of the most popular features requested - thanks to Timothy for giving me a kick.
You can only browse puzzles and saves inside the new CONTENT folder in the Lode Runner Online directory - you cannot go wandering around the OS. The new folder structure will be created on startup, however, it will not migrate over your existing content. You will need to do this manually - just copy and paste to the correct spot.
Currently, you cannot create folders inside the game but feel free to create new ones in your OS and go crazy.
Updated file dialog
Browsing a folder
Bugs being worked on
- monks merging together when crossing on/off ladders
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original
What I'll probably do next
- continue working on LAN
- ability to 'pause' the game when testing and return after minor edits