Lots of fixes this week and a major update to teleports. If you read this update you'll notice that most of the bugs were reported. A big thanks to you all for letting me know.
Work on LAN is coming along, albeit slowly. I should have more to report on this in the coming weeks.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed Astral World icon showing as Ancient (Tim)
- fixed bug when merging a puzzle set that caused all subsequent puzzles being opened to be merged (Tim)
- fixed bug that prevented toolbox from working in full-screen when dragged outside puzzle bounds
- fixed monks merging together when crossing ladders
- fixed big bombs not removing brick states (MacLr)
- fixed exit ladders not drawing when gold has been collected (MacLr)
- fixed teleports to match the Original (Tim)
- Big Bombs now adjust brick edges the same as the Original (Howie)
- refactored darkness mode (shader drawing)
- fixed monks falling into a blasted brick that is healing/closing (Tim)
- fixed small bombs removing rubble
- rewrote runners landing on monks;
- fixes monk eating runner bug (MacLr)
- still closely matches the Original
- added support when classic/1983 mode is enable for monks to run instead of idling when released from an area (see shot below) (MacLr/Howie)
Blast at the X and the monk will run free
Monk falling into a restoring blasted brick
Teleports in the game connect to the farthest receiver in the puzzle. The method that I used (and that LodeEdit appears to use), is to measure the length of the distance between the teleport and the receivers. To do that, I use FNA/XNAs Vector2 like this
Turns out, the Original Mad Monks' Revenge uses Bresenham's line algorithm to measure the distance (also used for the line tool in the editor) which is why the links didn't match. Thanks to Tim for pointing this out. If you've made puzzles using this rewrite, then the editor will show incorrect links - this isn't a major issue as the game will still play fine as all teleport links are recalculated when loading a puzzle (the Original does this too).
Teleport link comparison
LAN gaming is currently unavailable. I've no ETA at the moment on when it will be ready.
- moved default user directory creation away from Content Manager
- removed old code that handled tile states
- removed unnecessary Linq from puzzle helper methods
- fixed incorrect file locations when creating auto-saves (upon game crash)
Bugs being worked on
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original
What I'll probably do next
- continue working on LAN
- ability to 'pause' the game when testing and return after minor edits