MMR Update #15
Release notes for June 2018 (build 18.6.24). This build contains some general fixes and enhancements, plus fixes bugs with gameplay.
Special thanks to Tim for helping to debug online games crashing on Linux machines and for How for his expertise.
There is still some more work to do to finish off the new gamepad/keyboard bindings. I hope to get this done for the next build.
Want to chat about this project? Find friends to play online with? Report a bug? Join our Discord channel! https://discord.me/madmonksrevenge
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- you can now see the effects of 'Stretch full-screen' in real-time (in the 'Display Settings' tab in the Options dialog)
- restarting the game when players are on their last life no longer shows the game over graphics - this behaviour matches the Original
- puzzle title now shows in the tooltip when hovering over the current puzzle number on the HUD (Tim)
- if playing an online puzzle with insufficient runners, the player(s) left out will be an observer. If a puzzle has too many runners, the runners not controlled will sit idle
- gamepad now vibrates when toggling feedback option ('Bindings Settings' tab in the Options dialog) (Tim)
- sound effect plays when game is not in focus when a chat message arrives or a new player joins (Online) (Tim)
- pause hourglass icon no longer shows briefly when the in-game menu closes
- fixed bug in digit control that could crash the game if the value did not fit the box
- fixed dialogs not losing focus when another dialog opens (modals) (Tim)
- fixed monks dropping treasure when falling off a brick (Tim)
- fixed gamepad feedback working when disabled and not when enabled (Tim)
- fixed game crashing when attempting play the default 2P set from a puzzle other than the 1st (Online - Linux) (Tim)
- fixed crash when Linux users download a custom puzzle to play (Online - Linux) (Tim)
- fixed upload getting stuck on the lobby for custom puzzle sets (Online - Linux) (Tim)
- players again use player one input in online gameplay (Zarr)
- gamepad feedback keeps going when using more than one controller
- monks merging when crossing on/off ladders and using ropes
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original