MMR update #44
Work on networked games is going along great. The complexity of profiles in the game, which was needed for networking, has been greatly reduced.
Unfortunately, this involved a major update to the save game format. Before the update, the version was 11 with backwards support to 9. Any attempts to lode an earlier save game will result in the game telling you the save is corrupt or not valid.
If you really would like your save game, just email me and I can manually convert it over for you.
I did intend to upload the build yesterday afternoon, but an unfortunate meatloaf slicing accident caused a delay.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed incorrect alignment of insert puzzle button
- fixed Quirks Mode breaking monks (Trapdoor between ladders) (Howie)
- reworked and simplified player profiles (used to track points, lives, etc)
- fixed players succumbing to befuddle gas before it reach them - it should now match the Original
- new save game format
- fixed monks climbing out a hole through a brick (Howie)
- updated existing lockstep code to use new networking class
- further tweaks to RPC framework to support updated networking
- fixed changing your player name not synchronizing to all players
- basic lobby added;
- temporarily reuses the old lobby
- added support to chat between players
- added support to toggle ready state
- fixed disconnection events firing repeatedly
All traces of Lidgren (including stub-code to stop compiling errors) has now been removed from the project.
- tweaks to MMR mini-site
- display event added when toggling full-screen - replaces the core game instructing the editor (for toolbox positioning) and the window manager (for refreshing tooltip position) of a change
- removed issue that caused the game to freeze when altering tile states (Howie)
Bugs being worked on
- monks merging when crossing on/off ladders and using ropes
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original
What I'll probably do next
- continue working on network games
- ability to 'pause' the game when testing and return after minor edits