MMR update #47
Apart from networking (which you can't try at the moment), this build fixes bombs not working. This was introduced into last week's build. Thanks to Howie for letting me know.
Gareth and I will be playing Lode Runenr Online this weekend in order to continue testing. I'll also be working on finalizing the new lobby. This can be quite time consuming. For those who don't know, all the MMR interface assets are pre-drawn images. A new dialog requires lots of fiddling in MS Paint.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed bug that prevent players from setting off small bombs (Howie)
- fixed bug that only allowed a single bomb to explode (Howie)
- removed redundant variables
- network code merged into primary project
- fixed bug that caused games to get out of sync (involving pre-game pause)
- removed sync checks as the current method was flawed
- player properties are now reset when disconnecting from a game
Merging the two projects took under thirty minutes. I was expecting this to take significantly longer since the networking test project was months behind.
Bugs being worked on
- monks merging when crossing on/off ladders and using ropes
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original
What I'll probably do next
- continue working on network games
- ability to 'pause' the game when testing and return after minor edits