MMR update #48
Lots of little fixes and tweaks this week and work on online gameplay. Most of my time this coming week will be spent testing and refining networking. This will involve some early hours testing with my brother before work.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- removed redundant code when changing tools
- phantom runner is now reset when loading a puzzle (the fake runner a monk will chase when he can't get to you)
- updated player input handling
- fixed bug that prevented a runner from running past a fellow hero being eaten (Howie)
- tweaked players getting crushed when between ladders and inside phase bricks
- tweaked YOG monk mode
- added new quirk Greedy gold collection to quirks mode;
- thanks to Pat and Howie for finding reporting the quirk
- rewrote how player positioning is handled
Regarding the above item, this was a major change. I've done lodes of testing and the game should play as before. If you do see something odd - like a player skipping or jumping about - please let me know.
- removed redundant input buffer when sending outgoing updates
- added commands into the chat prompt to enable better debugging
- chat text messages now remain on screen longer
After hours of testing, the game constantly de-syncs making the gameplay somewhat useless. I've made some significant tweaks and it appears to work. Obviously, we'll need to do a lot more testing before it is enabled on builds.
- fixed overlapping debug messages
Bugs being worked on
- gamepad feedback keeps going when using more than one controller
- monks merging when crossing on/off ladders and using ropes
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original
What I'll probably do next
- continue working on network games
- ability to 'pause' the game when testing and return after minor edits