With the end of year rapidly approaching, work on Mad Monks' Revenge (and Lode Runner 2) is slowing down. During the Christmas break we'll only have time to make little fixes to the game so this is the last build for 2017. I did say that last year and still put out another build before the year was out.
Network gaming is currently quite playable. We've not have as much time to test as I'd like, but such is life. At the moment, we're investigating an issue that causes the game to go out of sync - basically, each machine ends up playing their own game independently of the other. Teleports, phase bricks, and/or regen bombs appear to be the cause. Hopefully with a little more testing we'll be able to find the culprit.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- removed redundant tile checks
- fixed the game speed being reduced when using the F5 test shortcut (Helen)
- fixed monks merging when crossing off/on ladders (Howie)
- tweaked monk positioning when crossing onto a ladder
- replaced list that buffers game turns with a ConcurrentDictionary
- significant bandwidth reduction
- major adjustments to game turn processing
- gameplay now resets/unloads network variables/events
- refactored RPC class (remote procedural call)
- updated to FNA to 17.12
Bugs being worked on
- gamepad feedback keeps going when using more than one controller
- monks merging when crossing on/off ladders and using ropes
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original
What I'll probably do next
- continue working on network games
- ability to 'pause' the game when testing and return after minor edits