What I've done this week
Pretty much bugger all this week. A lot was done with things you can't really see. I also sent out a couple of demos of the editor to get some more feedback and hunt for bugs. This turned out to be a huge success (thanks Caleb!) Only a couple of bugs where found and fixed and a couple of improvements already added.
The rest of my time was spent working on fixing ongoing audio issues whilst my brother worked on a massive textbox control overhaul.
- fixed issue when altering puzzle ordering that caused set exit doors to not update to match the new order
- thanks to Caleb for spotting this one
- fixed a bug that caused a crash when using the "undo" tool
- two-player darkness mode complete (more on that later)
The new darkness mode for two-player
- fixed bug that crashes on launch caused by attempting to read the game settings when default working directory hadn't been created yet
- found numerous issues with NVorbis regarding decoding Ogg audio files;
- these I cannot fix at the moment - I have no idea why NVorbis is reading data well past an audio stream
- started working on another alternative to Ogg streaming
- my brother rewrote the textbox control;
- multiple presses shouldn’t show anymore
- no longer skips key presses when typing super fast
- you can now scroll left and right with the arrow keys properly
- backspace works properly now
As suggested, filtering support has also been added to the file dialogs. You can now start typing and the list of files will filter to match the text input.
What I'll probably do next week
- progress with the AI
- finally finish audio! (that's the dream anyway)