Week #46 update
Network games took up nearly all my time this week and is on track to be complete for the November bulild (the 29th). The remainder was spent going through bugs and adding support to add puzzles from another puzzle set.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
Project tester, Rick, suggested adding support to combine multiple puzzle sets into one. You can read up on the new "add from" feature in the combining puzzle sets post. Very useful and I'm sure will come in handy for other puzzle creators out there.
"Add puzzles from" support added to the editor
- music track no longer restarts or chooses the ambient track if testing a puzzle and then restarting
- tweaked befuddlement gas
- fixed buckets of goo being thrown stopping when it hits a ladder
- a pile of rocks (from a pick-axe) inside a phase block will allow the player on top to stand - this matches the original (Leandro)
- tools dropped in a phase block will no longer draw in the wrong order
- a blast is no longer aborted when a monk is staggering from befuddlement gas next to the block being blasted
- fixed bug that caused the alternate escape puzzle sound effects to play when skipping forward a puzzle (read: cheat)
- made some tweaks to the run animation to better match the original
- fixed bug that made a monk falling onto a monkey bar that is above another block to switch to the run animation and then back to monkey bar
- fixed bug that did not allow a monk to enter a teleport when going back and forth on a ladder (usually when they can't reach a runner) (Leandro)
- fixed bug that did not allow a player to teleport when between two ladders vertically (Leandro)
Some of you may have noticed that rapid key movements or changing a direction when running could send you through a wall and out the other side. With the help of Leandro, we've managed to find the root cause and fix it.
Network gaming is still on-going. Currently, it is very stable and still playable even with 300ms latency.
- you cannot connect to a host game if the host has a newer version of the game that you;
- you will be prompted once to let you know why some games won't show in the available list
- this is a cheap way to prevent errors while networking is being worked on
- when transferring a small puzzle, the host machine will no longer appear to stop updating the percent indicator before 100%
- fixed bug that caused the file dialog to not reset itself properly
Bugs being worked on
- nothing, yay!
- gamepad feedback when being crushed
- working scoreboard
What I'll probably do next week
- continue playing the game
- continue with LAN games
- mockup a lobby interface for network games