A lot of little fixes were made to the Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monks' Revenge rewrite project this week. LAN gaming also got a little work done. I hope to have this done for the February update at the end of the month.
You'll notice that a lot of the bugs this week were found by testers. Quite a few more were also found that I'm still working on.
Two days were lost this week in regards to getting things done. First off, I had a bit of a rainstorm that caused my internet to go off for a day and then Windows 10 did a major update and decided that I didn't really want my NVIDIA graphics card installed and removed it. Since I'm using a laptop MXM video card in a desktop machine, I had to modify some new drivers.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed bug in that caused the music to be reset to "Moss Caverns" (Leandro)
- on Windows machines, the new location for your puzzle sets, saves and configuration file is in Documents\My Games\Lode Runner Online. The folder layout is the same so if you'd like to keep your puzzles and saves, just cut and paste.
- greatly simplified the pre-game pause process after the runners have entered the puzzle
- you can now repeatedly use some tools (such as befuddlement gas) by holding down the use tool key - this matches the original (Jared)
- unlocking doors when falling is now less restrictive (Jared)
- fixed bug that could cause a monk with no entry door to re-enter the puzzle in the same area (Jared)
- runners gassed when setting up a rope trap will be allowed to complete the trap before getting dizzy - this matches the original (Jared)
- runners who manage to blast when arriving on a block that has a rope trap set up will be snared first before he can blast - this matches the original (Jared)
- alterations to the game speed via the options dialog (accessed via the in-game menu) now take effect immediately (Jared)
- monks will now drop gold when snared on a ladder - this matches the original (Jared)
- fixed bug that prevented a runner from spraying befuddlement gas towards a ladder (Jared)
- fixed glitch that caused runners to use a tool in the opposite direction if on a ladder and facing another ladder
- fixed bug that prevented runners from using the pick-axe when a ladder was under the block being struck
- fixed a bug that caused tools to replicate like Gremlins when a runner died (two-player games) (Jared)
- when a game if over (all lives lost) in either single or two-player games, restarting the game (CTRL+R or via the menu or by clicking the tombstone graphic) will allow you to continue on but with your points reset - this matches the original (Jared)
- fixed bug that caused blasted blocks to not be completely destroyed by a big/boss bomb (Jared)
- when cheating to go to another puzzle, the game will no longer be paused (Jared)
- fixed bug that caused a player to go through a wall on a monkey-bar when holding the down key (Leandro)
- fixed draw bug that caused regenerating bombs (that are in the process of re-entering the puzzle) to draw over blocks (Leandro)
- fixed bug that prevents monks from picking up gold if they previously died carrying it (Leandro)
- fixed the SkyNet time-vortex appearing when exiting puzzles in two-player games (Jared)
- fixed the error in textbox controls that crashed when clicking to move the caret position
- removed some unused code from the project
- clicking or pressing any key during the intro logos will skip directly to the main menu (previously only escape did this and other input would skip each logo) - this matches the original (Jeffrey)
- removed the toggle effects shortcut (CTRL+E) and toggle music (CTRL+M) from the game as they are not needed (just use the options dialog)
- made some minor tweaks to the player control handling
Bugs being worked on
- monks disappearing and reappearing when moving the game window or toggling full-screen mode;
- only reported on Windows machines but may affect OSX/Linux
- case-sensitive filename support not working correctly on non-Windows machines
What I'll probably do next week
- play test for bugs
- improvements to LAN gaming + lobby