Compared to last weeks' lack luster update, this one is jam packed! Lodes of bug fixes, tweaks and improvements and a little work on the reliable UDP client (for LAN games).
A couple of issues when playing on Ubuntu machines have been found (thanks Tim). Firstly, there appears to be a timing issue when running - players will stop and idle and then keep going and secondly, darkness mode does not render correctly. I'm waiting on more details at the moment, but, it appears to only affect actual Ubuntu machine and not VMs.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed the game hanging when a monk dies (classic mode) (Jeffrey)
- monks now respawn when dead to match the 1983 game (classic mode) (Jeffrey)
- cut-scenes now only play when entering the puzzle that triggers the cut-scene linearly (Tim)
- you can no longer award extra lives (read: cheat) when the game is over (Tim)
- fixed runners not drowning when falling into liquid after entering the puzzle in the air
- fixed bug that did not update player textures to use current world palette (Tim)
- fixed monks drawing off a pixel after eating a runner
- you can no longer restart the current puzzle when a runner is exiting it
- runners can only collect gold vertically if they are already falling (classic mode) (Jeffrey)
- adjusted phase block timing to better match the Original
- improved monk hump 'n bump when monks are coming down ladders (Tim)
LAN gaming is currently unavailable. I've no ETA at the moment on when it will be ready, sorry.
- fixed out of bounds error when searching for items within puzzle
- improved loading of animations from the content manager
- removed redundant code from animation class
- fixed bug in animation class that allowed frames to draw incorrectly
- last selected directory is now preserved when closing file dialog
Bugs being worked on
- jerky movement when playing on Ubuntu machines
- darkness mode does not render correctly on Ubuntu machines
- monks merging when ladders are involved
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original
What I'll probably do next
- continue working on LAN
- ability to 'pause' the game when testing and return after minor edits