Week #29 update
Welcome to the most boring update to date! This build features only one bug fix and some changes to player collision system. This week was spent working on a reliable UDP replacement for Lidgren.
With nothing to show in this update, I've dug through the archives and picked out a screenshot. If you don't follow this blog often or tuned in late, the scoreboard effect on the main menu uses a pixel shader and a mask image. Below is stage one of making that mask. You can read up on the scoreboard effect in this blog post.
214 shades of grey
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed bug that allowed monks to fall through blasted bricks in classic/1983 mode (Howie, Jeffrey)
LAN gaming is currently unavailable. I've no ETA at the moment on when it will be ready, sorry.
Work is coming along nicely on my reliable UDP replacement for Lidgren. If you're interested on how you go about making the unreliable UDP reliable, then Glenn Feidler has excellent articles on how.
- refactored crossing into ladders when running or using a monkey bar
- rewrote runners rapid crossing ladders to match the Original
Bugs being worked on
- monks merging when ladders are involved
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original
What I'll probably do next
- continue working on LAN
- ability to 'pause' the game when testing and return after minor edits