Week #15 update
I've been busy working on adding the preserve game state feature to the game/editor. This feature was suggested by Jim Winkler a year ago. Have you ever made a complex puzzle and played it only to realize there is a block in the way? This feature will allow you to return to the editor, make some tweaks, and then return to the game.
This feature (yet untitled) is turning out to be a lot more difficult than I first thought. You have to check the original puzzle, the current puzzle you've been playing and the new one and pick the changes to merge.
Don't forget, you can now head over to the downloads page and grab this weeks build.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed 'cast into oblivion' shortcut working without CTRL/COMMAND key (Jayde)
- burying a player under rubble will no longer free them if they are stuck in a rope trap (Howie)
- fixed bug that prevent runners from playing their stuck in rope trap animation in full (Howie)
- added partial support to return to the editor and preserve current game state
- when testing a puzzle from the editor, unneeded UI dialogs (options, menu, chat) are no longer loaded
- fixed bug that caused players to "jump" when drowning beneath a ladder (Howie)
- fixed gold not being destroyed when monks drown holding a piece (Howie)
- fixed runners not collecting gold when entering puzzle falling (Howie)
- refactored modal box drawing and moved to the Window Manager
- refactored disposing of assets
- "find/discover games" dialog updated to use external interface files
Bugs being worked on
- monks merging together when crossing on/off ladders
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original
What I'll probably do next week
- ability to 'pause' the game when testing and return after minor edits