Week #27 update
Not a great deal of work done with week apart from fixing the bugs that affected monks. Thanks to those who let me know. The rest of my time was spent helping out Gareth with Lode Runner 2.
If all things go according to plan, I hope to have LAN gaming back for next weeks build.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed monks not choosing an entry door randomly (Jeffrey, Tim, David)
- runners can now press the down key when standing on a monk when classic/1983 mode is enabled (Jeffrey)
- players can no longer leap off a ladder through a trapdoor brick (Leandro)
- trapdoor and liquid brick collision tests tweaked (thanks to Leandro for the kick)
LAN gaming is currently unavailable. I've no ETA at the moment on when it will be ready, sorry.
- refactored reading/writing/executing RPC methods
- fixed random seed for all monks
- code cleanup of new lockstep code
- updated CHAMPION and ORIGINAL puzzle sets;
- exit doors removed to better match the Original sets
- thanks to Jeffrey for sending them in
- fixed bug in puzzle format that allowed deleted players to randomly appear when opened in the Original game
Bugs being worked on
- monks merging when ladders are involved
- switching to windowed mode hides the Dock (Sierra)
- regen bomb timing does not accurately match the Original
What I'll probably do next
- continue working on LAN
- ability to 'pause' the game when testing and return after minor edits