April 13, 2015 · wip weekly update

Week #15 update

What I've done this week##

I spent a lot of time this week trying to test Lode Runner a Mac OSX (Yosemite) machine. My brother and I didn't have much luck. The game crashes when attempting to initialize the Bass sound engine. When we've fixed this and done some testing, I'll put up a copy for any Mac fans to try.



I rebuilt the sounds this week. It turns out Microsoft XNA was far supieror at loading sounds than MonoGame/FNA/Bass sound engine. Nearly all of the sounds for cut-scenes crackle and pop under either FNA or Bass but they didn't for XNA. The only thing I can think of is DirectX is better at audio than OpenAL. The solution was to use GoldWave and resample all the sounds and save them again.

What I'll probably do next week


Quark Robot

A massive Lode Runner fan. You may have guessed that.