Week #18 update
What I've done this week##
Most of this week was spent trying to get a working Mac OSX copy and removing the Bass sound engine (again!).
Bass is definitely out of the project now. For the life of me, I cannot get it to work with Mono on a Mac machine and after nearly a month of no real help from the developers, I've given up on it. This does mean that music playback from the original CD-ROM is gone until I can whip up something else. I'll post about the new solution in the future and put the code up for others in the same boat.
As you can see below, once Bass was gone and some other missing bits added, we now have Lode Runner: The Mad Monks' Rewrite running perfectly on an OS X Yosemite laptop!
Head on over to the downloads page and give either the Windows or Mac copies a go.
- fixed bug in box tool
- fixed bug that caused the player to randomly teleport to the side of the screen and get stuck there
- fixed bug that caused the chat box to pop up when switching to full-screen (ALT+ENTER)
- fixed bug that prevented players blasting from a monkey-bar then falling into the hole
- fixed bug that prevented players from falling into fall through blocks
- removed Bass sound engine
- finalized the high-scores transition effect (read all about it here)
- added support to create colour palettes in my external tool
- tweaked headings in this blog to make them stand out a little more
- fixed bug that prevented the mouse cursor from showing when viewing and then skipping the Jeff Tunnell Productions video
What I'll probably do next week
- fixed issue with music not playing first go when launching a new game
- continue to playtest and bug hunt