What I've done this week
Multiplayer improvements such as an extra two runners (Jane Peril and Digmo) and a lobby system has been pushed back until next update. It requires far more time than needed to get working correctly. This will be the main focus for the February update.
This week was spent (apart from working on LAN) fixing several compatibility quirks against the original Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monks' Revenge and doing some a few bits 'n bobs from my TODO list.
The January build is now ready to download. Pop over to the downloads page and get yourself a copy. All the bugs that prevented you from solving the official puzzle set when using the December build have been fixed. You can read a complete January roundup post here.
Finally, a few weeks ago I mentioned updating to use the latest version of MonoKickStart (allows .NET apps to run on OS X and Linux). Due to a few problems with Mac machines, this build will be using the older version.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- locked doors can now be unlocked when falling - this matches the original (Jared)
- monks will not rematerialize from a teleport if a runner is standing on the receiver - this matches the original (Jared)
- players can now drop from a monkey-bar if they are holding the left/right keys - this matches the original (Jared)
- YOG cheat will allow a player to cheat without affecting their score - this matches the original (undocumented on Jason's website) (Jared)
- this allows you to achieve a high-score BUT most likely not stay in the final build since it isn't really fair
- rope traps in the process of being set up by a runner when he is eaten by a monk will instantly set up - this matches the original (Jared)
- in-game menu improvements;
- fixed bug that quit the game after saving
- removed load game option
- text moved to language files
- dialog outer + inner border vastly improved
- boxes/lines are now disposed of correctly
- optimized sound management
- some slight modifications made to the error logging
Bugs being worked on
- monks disappearing and reappearing when moving the game window;
- only reported on Windows machines but may affect OSX/Linux
What I'll probably do next week
- play test for bugs
- finalize LAN gaming + lobby