Week #10 update
The new content manager has unfortunately put me back quite a bit. No work on LAN or music mods have been made as yet but quite a few little bits and pieces still got done.
If you're new to this blog or this project and haven't downloaded a copy yet and find yourself asking "is it worth download?", the answer (of course) is yes. The January build is very stable and playable, especially for local gameplay.
I've never noticed until now that the tile shown for liquid in the editor palette doesn't match the original for several worlds. I've looked into this and it has got me quite stumped. I've no idea where Presage is getting the image from. I've searched every single image file in the Presage data archives and they simply don't exist. A bit of a mystery.
Below is a shot of the Lava world palette. The same mystery goes for crystal, ancient, fossil and ice.
Original in the LEFT and rewrite on the RIGHT
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- simplified code that handles exiting a puzzle
- fixed bug that allowed you to climb up or down a ladder using the left/right key bindings if;
- you weren't moving when left/right was pressed
- the ladder is blocked/walled in on the left/right side
- fixed missing Moss Caverns resource in the data files
- made minor adjustments to runner position in relation to being eaten by a monk
- player animations are no longer pre-loaded; rather, loaded as needed
- fixed bug that prevented a player from using the cross-to-ladder animation under certain scenarios
- added support to easily clone puzzles
- greatly simplified code that handles moving, deleting and ordering puzzles
- created a "puzzle viewer" control to be reused when needing to generate the puzzle preview schematics
- a 2D render target is no longer needed
- all world assets are disposed of when changing the background;
- tile sets
Bugs being worked on
- monks disappearing and reappearing when moving the game window or toggling full-screen (Windows machines only)
- case-sensitive filename support not working correctly on non-Windows machines
- monks constantly running to the left (Max)
- monks rapidly running and stopping in goo causing them to move backwards rapidly (only occurs when under the influence of YOG)
What I'll probably do next week
- return to working on the LAN lobby
- proper music or as close to the Original as possible