I'd like to say a big thanks to Jeffrey this week for helping me get the music playing correctly. I've made numerous attempts to match the Original and all haven't really been acceptable. Jeffrey kindly answered my emails and helped get the audio to match the original.
A feature request that I get asked often is to add support to alter the display size from the default 640x480 resolution. I've been experimenting with this on and off for a few months now. Previous results have always been poor. Good news is I've finally added support for different resolutions. The list in the options dialog (below) will be populated with all 4:3 display modes your monitor supports.
Full-screen support has also been updated. The game should not longer be stretched to the size of the screen. This also fixes ALT+TAB/Windows keys from dropping back to windowed mode.
Support to alter the game resolution
Builds will no longer ship with a PUZZLES or SAVEGAME folder. There was a little confusion with some testers regarding where the puzzles and saves were stored not realizing that these two folders in the game directory are not used as storage. The sole purpose of these folders is to act a backup - when you first launch the game, the content will be copied to a more user-accessible directory (such as My Games folder in Windows) if you don't have them.
These folders have now been dropped from the project with the content being extract from a data archive instead.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- tile palette now show the proper liquid tile;
- I've found the correct tile in the tileset since last week
- optimized loading of palette
- runner die animation now matches the original
- game music now matches the original
- project now stores installation content in a Presage data archive
- updated FNA to 16.03
- fixed memory leak when drawing dotted boxes
- modals are now dotted; this makes it easier to see which dialog has focus
- audio changes;
- fixed bug in audio streaming that did not submit the last data to the audio buffer
- streamlined modifications to FNA to enable streaming from Presage data archives
- repeat support added to properly match original (Jeffrey)
- added support to alter the game resolution
- numerous optimizations made to the save game format - don't fear, this does not affect your saves
Bugs being worked on
- builds not launching when running Windows 7
- monks disappearing and reappearing when moving the game window or toggling full-screen (Windows machines only)
- case-sensitive filename support not working correctly on non-Windows machines
- monks rapidly running and stopping in goo causing them to move backwards rapidly (only occurs when under the influence of YOG)
What I'll probably do next week
- finalize work ready for March build