If you enter full-screen mode (ALT+ENTER), depending on your display you should get some pillar boxes down the side and possibly some letter boxes. The background is now scaled and will fill the entire screen. Not a ground-breaking feature but I think it adds a nice little touch.
Example letter boxing
No letter boxing
Screen scaling works quite well on Windows machines but with limited access to Apple machines, it is a little off. Don't worry, the default 640x480 works perfectly still.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- players are no longer immune to getting crushed by a block when gassed (Howie)
- fixed bug that did not allow a rope trap to snare players if the runner did not move away from the trap before death - this matches the original (Jayde)
- fixed bug that did not allow tools or bombs to be used when running in goo covered blocks (Jayde)
- returned text shadow to in-game menu (lost during migration to new font system)
- fixed bug that caused the game to update and draw when it was not being used
- fixed bug that caused Windows builds to crash on start-up
- global audio toggle (CTRL+E, CTRL+M) added to the project
- video player;
- fixed incorrect palette on ending (post-credits)
- fixed cut-scenes being disposed of incorrectly
- fixed video player from drawing outside the movie border
- fancy letter/pillar box support over the standard black bars added
- support added for the mouse cursor to move outside the game and into the letter/pillar box
- reduced draw calls for the background @ 640x480 from 940 to 1 - that is not a typo!
- fixed bug with tooltips not showing on the puzzle viewer control when in verbose mode
- removed "game states" from the Window Manager - the WM no longer needs to keep track of this
Bugs being worked on
- monks disappearing and reappearing when they are going up/down a ladder (cannot reach a runner);
- appears to be dependent on game speed
- when moving the game window
- toggling full-screen to window mode
- blocks blasted instantly 'healing' and crushing a monk - timing dependent (Jayde)
- case-sensitive filename support not working correctly on non-Windows machines
- monks repeatedly running and stopping in goo causing them to move backwards rapidly (only occurs when under the influence of YOG)
What I'll probably do next week
- project clean-up
- LAN lobby