Week #19 update
I'm happy to report that about 90% of my time on Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monks' Rewrite/Revenge was spent entirely on LAN games! Non-networking areas of the project included some general bug fixes and updates to the scoring system.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- you can now click on the tombstone/reaper image when a two-player game is over to restart as you can in single-player games (Kaia)
- scoreboard fixes;
- you can no longer submit a high-score twice in the one game (Kaia)
- two-player games when a runner dies correctly prompts for your name (Kaia)
- all runners in the game will be prompted to enter the scoreboard - this matches the Original (Jared)
- when the game is over and you quit, you won't be prompted to save (Jared, Kaia)
- fixed bug that did not prompt to save a game when exiting despite activity in the puzzle
- fixed bug that caused the game to crash when a runner is dead in a two-player game (Kaia)
- fixed bug that prevented a runner from moving after being resurrected (running out of lives and cheating to get more)
- fixed bug that crashed the game when attempting to trap plays in snares when players are not in the puzzles (Jared)
The lobby is coming along great. There are only a few more things to go before I'll start work on actual gameplay. Networking works perfectly on Windows but Mac OS X and Linux platforms aren't as lucky. Testing with this shows the Mono Framework has some issues with sockets. This will hopefully be sorted out this week.
The main thing to go on the lobby is transferring the puzzle to all gamers and choosing how many runners each gamer can use. For example;
- 2 machines with 1 runner each
- 2 machines with 2 runners each
- 2 machines with 2 VS 1
- 3 machines with 2 VS 1 VS 1
- and so on...
Special thanks to Jared for his continual Linux testing and Ethan Lee for pointing me in the right direction with the Mono Framework issues.
- points updated on scoreboards to use digit grouping, making them far easier to read (Jared)
Easier to read points
Bugs being worked on
What I'll probably do next week
- finish LAN lobby
- bug fixes
- fix gamepad support