Week #26 update
This weeks update is a day early - some of you may have noticed that the last two updates were a few days late. I've caught up on work after my brother came to visit a fortnight ago.
The June build will be up shortly which you can grab from the downloads page.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed monks ignoring rope traps if a runner is standing very close to the left of a trap (Jared)
- runner fall sound effect no longer stops when he lands if another runner is still falling
Gameplay is on complete with only a few finishing touches to go. One major item remaining is improving gameplay with 200ms latency which will come next month.
- host can alter the game speed
- runners can transfer a life to another runner (F2/F3);
- only Jake and Wes supported at the moment
- gamers can cast only themselves into oblivion
- added prompts when a gamer disconnects from the game or the host quits;
- the prompt says the game will be saved for later - it lies. This will be added next build.
- pause support;
- each gamer has three pauses per session
- only the player who initiated the pause can resume the game
- you cannot move around to resume the game like you can in single or two-player games; you need to use the shortcuts or click on the hourglass icon
- inspiration taken from StarCraft 1 LAN
Host pausing a game
- fixed bug with some tools crashing the game
- fixed crash when toggling ready status in the lobby
What happens when a game is complete? At the moment, you are unceremoniously dumped back to the main menu.
All cheat codes work except for the YOG mode.
- added F1 shortcut to toggle balloon help (Howie)
- updated English language file;
- only English is present at the moment but it is easy to add other languages
- fixed bug that allowed the game to choose a screen resolution larger than the current display mode (Howie)
Bugs being worked on
- monks merging together on ladders (Leandro)
- monks bunching together too closely on ladders (Howie, Gareth, Me)
- monks running to the left on Mac OS (every Mac user...)
What I'll probably do next week
- bug fixes
- monks getting to close together on ladders
- improved upon LAN