What I've done this week##
Multiplayer gaming for LAN has been the main work for this week, finishing off all the odds and ends on my to-do list. The new lobby system is also in the works and is very far along. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to make it into the January build.
Multiplayer LAN lobby
As you can see above, the lobby is well along and mostly working. Like all the other new dialogs, I've spent quite a lot of time trying to match the original style of artwork. There are a few UI tweaks to make;
- the "reserved" field will go away
- the options section will be joined on to the puzzle set + puzzle start
- if you are joining the game, the play button won't be present
- an "I'm ready!" box will be added down the bottom left
The networking at the moment is a little like dry-rot - it's spreading about too much - and is a little too complex for my liking. Next week I'll be working on streamlining the code before finalizing the lobby.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed bug that allowed blasted blocks to explode if they are shielded by a solid block (Leandro)
- fixed bug that allowed a runner to utilize the "Bounce off walls" quirk to run through the side of a fall-through/trapdoor block (Leandro)
- fixed bug that prevented monks that are paused waiting on another monk to fall when a block phases or is destroyed by a bomb blast (Leandro)
- save game format modified to better support more than two runners
Bugs being worked on
- monks disappearing and reappearing when moving the game window;
- only reported on Windows machines but may affect OSX/Linux
What I'll probably do next week
- play test for bugs
- finalize LAN gaming + lobby