Like last weeks post, it appears not a great deal was done. Quite a lot of time was spent fixing the monk AI reported by Steve, Howie, Ali and others. A lot of time was also spent playing LAN games and making a list of things to fix.
The other main item done was streamlining the editor. The code isn't bad but after 3 years, some of it is very decrepit.
Thanks to Leo too for sending me some nice bug videos to work on which I hope to get fixed this coming week.
If you're a keen puzzle maker then don't forget you can now make puzzles with four runners.
Jake, Wes, Jane and Digmo
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- paint helper now shows when using the eraser (Gareth)
- erase updated;
- when holding down erase (or right+click) you can now go back over a previously erased area
- this allows you to pass over a buried item and come back with having to release erase 1st
- behaviour matches MS Paint.
- paint updated; matches erase behaviour above
- massive amounts of streamlining done to the editor to improve performance and code maintainability
The most important thing fixed this week was monks. Many have reported monks not working correctly - bunching together wrong, merging together, climbing out of holes wrong and a whole whack of other issues. Nearly all of these have now been fixed.
Monks still need quite a fair bit of work to get them to match the Original.
- numerous fixes to monk AI
- vast improvements to monks determining which runner to chase
- resume game on the menu no longer works for the host only
- limited lives and start life options now take effect for LAN games
- fixed bug that did not clear the last controlled tabbed when closing a dialog
- fixed bug with keyboard shortcuts
- you can now save a print+screen by pressing F12;
- shot will be saved to your Lode Runner directory
- you can now use keyboard shortcuts when the mouse is not inside the game window (Leandro)
Bugs being worked on
- monks merging together on ladders (Leandro)
- monks bunching together too closely on ladders (Howie, Gareth, Me)
- runners not entering exit doors (Howie)
- monks and runners not getting squished in blasted blocks (Howie)
What I'll probably do next week
- bug fixes
- continue editor streamlining