Week #44 update
Monks deciding which runner to eat is not working very well. Again. I've decided to abandon my attempts at replicating the Original for the time being and focus instead on getting a nice balance: working VS Original.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed crash when runners with no lives are granted extras and enter the puzzle
- runners who are standing facing the screen when entering a hidey-hole no longer enter from the side (they enter the same as climbing a ladder)
- fixed bug with regenerating bombs crashing the game (Gareth)
- fixed monks falling from a monkey bar when they should be paused (hump 'n bump) (Jeffrey)
- fixed monks that could bump together when both are heading towards each other
- gamers now disconnect from games cleanly; (Steve)
In previous builds when finishing a puzzle set, each machine disconnected and then quit as usual. Depending on how each machine is updating the game you would sometimes get the "host/client has left the game" message despite the game being over. Host and client machines will now communicate with each other.
Game over, disconnecting from the game
- fixed shadow for the editor icon on main menu
- fixed bug in UI label control
Bugs being worked on
- runners not entering exit doors (Howie)
- some Windows machines not be able to detect LAN games (Steve)
What I'll probably do next week
- work on outstanding items on my TODO list
- improve network gameplay
- improve monks deciding which runner to chase