This build was all about improving Mad Monk hump 'n bump/catch and release policy. This is what I call monks pausing and waiting on other monks and, unfortunately, has been problematic for some time. I took the time and completely rewrote it from scratch and am very happy with the result!
The other main feature this month is massive improvements to LAN gaming. A lot of time went into fixing and testing. Again, I'm quite pleased with the result.
The October build also includes a whack of fixes/tweaks to gameplay to make this rewrite match the Original more closely and items added to the 1983/classic rules mode. The editor boasts two new features to make creating puzzles a little easier and quicker.
What are you waiting for? Head on over to the downloads page page and get a copy!
Special thanks this month go to Howie, Leandro, Steve, Jeffrey, Artyom, TJ + everyone who downloaded the September (or any previous) build.
If you find anything at all that is wrong with the game so far or have any ideas or suggestions, please get in touch with me. Your feedback is very important to making this project as good as it can possibly be.
Continue reading for a summary of all the fixes, improvements and new features in the October update.
- 3 new features, 5 bugs fixed, 0 improvements
- monk entry door links now show when using the adjust settings/pliers tool
- if the game crashes while editing, an auto-save will be created in your puzzles folder;
- example: "NAME-OF-SET AUTOSAVE DATE.PZL"
- fixed moving the cursor with arrow keys not working correctly in full-screen
- fixes to select region tools
- you can now hold down the CTRL/CMD key when using the line tool to paint every 2nd tile
*Painting with the line tool*
Links now show when adjusting either a monk or monk door
- 1 new feature, 23 bugs fixed, 16 improvements
- save game format updated - old saves can no longer be restored!
- using goo buckets now matches the Original
- numerous fixes to monk logic including;
- complete rewrite of monk bunching/catch & release/hump 'n bump
- tweaks to monks deciding which runner to chase
- YOG Monk Mode not cycling correctly
- improvements to monks eating runners (including the 'sneaky ladder run')
- numerous fixes to better match the Original
- you can no longer cast yourself into oblivion if you are being killed
- phase exit blocks now re-edge surrounds blocks
- players no longer jump/snap when running in goop and hitting a block
- 1983/classic mode (see "New Game Options");
- added pre-game pause regardless if runners start in the air
- you can press the down key to fall when standing on a monk
- falling monks can eat runners (they are immune in MMR)
- monks can collect gold while falling
- monks can climb out of holes regardless if a runner is standing on top
- monks without entry doors will now regenerate into the puzzle the same as 1983
Blocks now alter appearance
- 3 bugs fixed, 5 improvements
- added support to properly restore game saves
- points now sync correctly on client machines
- fixed crash when host boots out a player in the lobby
- fixed pick-axe rubble not working correctly on client machines
- fixed bug that crashed the game on client machines
- reduction in packets sent to clients from the host
- fixes to client update processing
- 3 bugs fixed, 5 improvements
- updated FNA engine to 16.10
- updated MonoKickstart (for Mac OS X and Linux builds)
- fixed build tool (packages up and zips the monthly build)
What's coming next?
- further improvements to the LAN lobby
- timed game support for LAN games
- improvements to monks deciding which runner to chase