Week #51 update
Welcome to the last weekly update post for 2016! Merry Christmas everyone! This project will be back in full swing at the start of 2017.
There has been quite a bit of interest in getting this Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monks' Revenge to run on the Raspberry Pi. I don't have a Pi so can't offer much help. If you've managed to get MMR to work on the Pi then I'd love to know. In the new year I might look into getting the project to run with Windows IoT on the Pi 3.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed bug that showed the editor menu when closed
- players no longer fall when a ladder is above a phase block when it phases out - this matches the Original (Howie)
- you can press any key (except death) to toggle pre-game pause - this matches the Original
- tweaked monks changing directions on ladders to match the Original
- monks can drop gold in phase blocks - this matches the Original (Howie)
- tweaked players getting squished when climbing a ladder into a phase block
- players that are partially inside a phase no longer draw topmost when the phase is solid - this matches the Original (Howie)
- snapshots buffered to reduce "jitters"
- basic adaptive code added to improve perceived network lag when processing snapshots
- host no longer echoes messages to the client that sent the message
- lobby changes;
- fixed incorrect behaviour when clicking revert
- revert no longer resets the max player count to the default (4)
- refactored lobby code
- fixed bug that caused odd results when host toggles monk mode (when using the YOG cheat)
- fixed blaster effect not updating for monks on client machines
- added toggle to dropdown control on the Options dialog
Toggle added to drop control
Bugs being worked on
- collecting tools when falling is not always easy
What I'll probably do next week
- input predication (web games)
- monks merging when crossing ladders