Week #7 update
Networking is still well underway. I'm not sure if I will be able to finish it properly before the end-of-month build. I'll try to pull my finger out but I don't want to put a build out that isn't up to scratch. This week I've been busy making sure the discover game dialog is 100% completed and functioning perfectly.
The rest of the week was spent fixing several bugs and making some quite large tweaks to several area of the project.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- improvements to game speed now allows for nearly double the max speed in previous builds;
- this has been suggested by many people
- improved altering game speed via keyboard
- fixed bug in block helper function that caused;
- players to fall past the puzzle Y bound (Howie)
- runners to use a jackhammer on the ground level (Jared)
- you can now blast under a monk who is stuck in a teleport - this matches the original (Jared)
- big/boss bombs no longer ignite a regenerating bomb - this matches the original (Leandro)
- fixed bug that made runners immune to a bomb blast if they were standing on a monk (Leandro)
- fixed bug that prevented skipping to the last puzzle in a set (Howie)
- refactored code that handles runners standing on monks
- fixed bug that prevented players from crossing to a ladder correctly
- improved monks waiting on others to finish a climb out of a hole
- fixed bug that allowed a runner to fall despite being eaten by a monk
- fixed bug that caused a player to go through a wall when using the down key on a monkey bar (Leandro)
- fixed bug that caused runners to "climb" up stuck/waiting monks (Leandro)
The connection prompt was rather bland in previous builds so I gave it a nice jazz-up. I've tried to keep the same style as the original artwork cross Windows 95 style in regards to the animation.*Connecting to game animation*
- updated FNA engine to 16.02.14
- fixed bug that prevented window shortcuts working when returning to the editor after trying a puzzle
- organized my TODO list
In the Original game, the game options icon is a tick/check mark. I'm not entirely sure how this represents settings/options and I'm not the only one. If you're a blog regular then you'll have read about me wanting to preserve as much of the original content as possible before. This is one of the things that needed to change since it wasn't clear at all. Like all the other new artwork, the icon took a great deal of time (four hours actually!!) going cross-eyed staring at MS Paint with 800% zoom.
Cog + spanner icon to access the game Options
Bugs being worked on
- monks disappearing and reappearing when moving the game window or toggling full-screen;
- only reported on Windows machines but may affect OSX/Linux
- case-sensitive filename support not working correctly on non-Windows machines
What I'll probably do next week
- play test for bugs
- finalize LAN gaming + lobby