LR2 update #4
I'll admit, I haven't done an update in a long time. I haven't had much time over the past weeks but this week when I found time, I got into level loading and rendering.
To start off with, I manually created bricks in code so I could work out how to render them in the correct order.
Manually created bricks
After some success there, I fired up Lode Runner 2 and made a simple test level so I could then experiment with height and attempt to load directly from the saved .LVL file.
For the time being, I'm just skipping over monks and items and just loading the bricks.
Time for a real level
After that worked, I thought I'd just grab an actual puzzle and try loading that.
Original 'BLCKHD' level from the CD
Initial attempt to just get it rendering correctly
Now using the specified textures!
I will be on holidays for a week then I'll get back into the following:
- Clean up project so far
- Load monks & items
- Add effects and smoke (borrow the animation system from MMR)