Monk AI got some much needed attention this week. One of the main ongoing issues is multiple monks merging with eachother causing an odd visual or monks to get frozen. A lot of these have no been fixed.
Time was spent on LAN gaming too which at this rate, should be just on complete for the October update at the end of the month.
General fixes, tweaks and improvements occupied the rest of my time. Overall, quite a lot was done which I'm happy with.
This week and last week saw fourteen bug fixed contributed to by a couple of testers which was a great help. Thanks, guys. If you'd like to help with testing, just head to the downloads page and have a go.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- fixed bug that would cause all objects with settings values (things the pliers tool toggles) to display an incorrect value
- the 'no' sound effect plays when you attempt to undo when you have no undo's left
- monks now collect gold approx. 40% of the time (Kyson)
- monks no longer get merged together when two monks are crossing onto a ladder from opposite sides (Kyson)
- monks wait and queue if the teleport destination has a monk present - matches original
- fixed a few monks stack/bump/merge issues when multiple monks and ladders are involved
- fixed animation glitch in teleport
- fixed bug that caused primitive lines not to draw
- you can now hold up when at the top of a ladder that is under block and move left/right to queue moves (Kyson)
- tweaks made to ladder positioning
- in a single-player game when Jake is being eaten by a monk and no other access off the current X-level is available, any other monks will now idle - the appears to match the original
- fixed bug in two-player mode that crashed when exiting the puzzle
- fixed bug that did not draw the background world image in a puzzle with darkness mode
- fixed bug that caused the client (Wes) to not load the puzzle on exit
- support added for small bombs;
- updating HUD/UI elements
- support added for monks collecting/dropping gold
- gamepad vibration support
- a game will play now via the main menu after the sound effect for the button has finished;
- matches the original
- stops the escape puzzle effect playing over entering puzzle effect
- does not apply when sounds are disabled
- improved masking for some UI dialogs
- greatly reduced code in creating UI dialogs
- error dump file updated;
- removed XML log content (still present, just not in XML format)
- added support to helper tool to decode stack trace data
Bugs being worked on
- monk AI stack issues, mainly relating to multiple monks accessing ladders
What I'll probably do next week
- play/test for bugs
- continue LAN