A reminder about the monthly build - first build of 2017 and since the December - will be uploaded Wednesday (1st of the month).
A lot of little bugs and inconsistencies with the Original game were fixed this week, plus some tweaks to the editor added.
A name in parenthesis and in bold is the finder of the bug/quirk. Thanks to all, I really do appreciate your time and support. Cheers!
- updated "add from" icon
- added "power-user" mode to menu - hold CTRL/COMMAND while the mouse is over the menu to show alternate commands
A while ago we added Save As functionality to the editor. Instead of cluttering up the simple UI we decided on holding COMMAND/CTRL key when clicking on the save button. This isn't really ideal since you can't see what you are doing. When Insert blank puzzle was added in week #2 we decided to make a "power users" mode. If the mouse cursor is over the menu and COMMAND/CTRL key is held down, the icons will switch to show the new functionality.
New icons added for power users
old "Add from" icon vs. updated icon
- vastly improved code to add/remove various block state data (blasting, phasing in, rubble present, etc)
- rope traps now match the Original (Howie);
- traps no longer disappear when a runner is eaten when setting up the trap
- monk has temporary immunity to trap if above
- fixed bug that did not always set the trap after an explosion
- fixed bug that caused a runner to switch to ladder animation when blasting (Howie, Pat)
- fixed players continuing to drown if the liquid they are in has been filled in (Howie, Pat)
- monks can no longer climb down a ladder directly under a blasted hole they are standing in - this matches the Original
- fixed bug that permanently froze runners hit by falling pickaxe rubble (Howie)
- pick-axe rubble now matches the Original perfectly
- jackhammering now matches the Original perfectly;
- players standing on block being jackhammered also fall at the correct frame
- fixed block seaming glitch when phase exit blocks are phasing into the puzzle
I've found something in the Original Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monks' Revenge that is rather odd. I've never come across it before. If a runner is setting up a rope trap and is eaten by a monk before he completes it then the trap becomes broken - no runner or monk can be caught it in. I briefly toyed with the idea of adding it the list of quirks but decided against it since it really doesn't make any sense.
- fixed scroll bug in vertical slider (Howie)
- slight performance gain when loading game assets
- fixed bug in restoring games that did not correctly load the player type (Howie, Pat)
- unsupported 4:3 resolutions entered manually into the configuration file will now be corrected (Howie);
- further reading: http://www.quarkrobot.com/adventures-in-scaling/
Bugs being worked on
- monk hump 'n bump does not always work
- monks can get stuck choosing a runner to chase (Howie, Pat)
What I'll probably do next week
- input predication (web games)
- monks merging when crossing ladders