February 2017 update now ready!
About time! What was the hold up? Christmas break and porting the ~17,000 lines of code to C#. Porting the code was a great opportunity to go through my TODO list and fix long outstanding items. Nearly all of the project has seen minor rewrites and in some cases, major ones.
What are you waiting for? Head on over to the downloads page page and get a copy! Special thanks this month go to Howie, Leandro, Jeffrey, Alec, Ali, Levi + everyone who downloaded the December build.
This monthly post covers the highlights from the two months of work. If you like to read the weekly update posts featured in this build, you can find them here: weeks #49, #50, #51, #1, #2, #3 and #4.
If you find anything at all that is wrong with the game so far or have any ideas or suggestions, please get in touch with me. Your feedback is very important to making this project as good as it can possibly be.
Continue reading for a summary of all the fixes, improvements and new features in the February update.
- 2 new features, 8 bugs fixed, 2 improvements
- if you prefer the toolbox to be positioned on the right-hand side of the screen you can now tell it to do so by setting
RhsToolboxto true in your configuration file
- you can now insert a new blank puzzle after the current (see below)
- added "power-user" mode;
- hold CTRL/COMMAND when mouse is over menu to see alternate actions
- Save becomes Save As and Add puzzle becomes Add puzzle after current
New icons added for power users
- 0 new features, 30 bugs fixed, 14 improvements
- monks running now matches the Original more accurately
- goo correctly fall from phase blocks fading out
- vast improvements to code that handles block states (fading in/out, rubble, etc)
- Suspended monks quirk updated to match the Original
- Survive liquid tiles quirk updated to match the Original
- various fixes to monks to match the Original
- you can no longer use speed shortcuts to reduce game speed to zero
- debug mode will draw any gold monks have stolen (bounding box will be yellow)
- runners now land on monks more accurately to the Original
- gamepad no longer vibrates endlessly when bombs detonate
- pick-axes rewritten and now matches the Original
- rope traps rewritten and now matches the Original
- goop thrown from buckets rewritten and now matches the Original
- 3 new features, 3 bugs fixed, 5 improvements
- added UPnP support
- players no longer blast in the wrong tile
- lag compensation support added to make collecting tools easier
- new RPC framework written from the ground up
- various fixes to lobby
- improved disconnection process if the game becomes out-of-sync
- tweaked player icon colors in lobby
- 2 new features, 6 bugs fixed, 6 improvements
- the CD audio DLC can now be placed in your Lode Runner Online directory as an alternative to the game data directory
- significant boosts to asset loading
- game dialog creation moved to external interface files
- windowed mode resolution now a drop-down control in the Options Dialog
- error dumps now includes your configuration file
- fixed bug that prevented full-screen mode when
Dropdown control replaces carousel-style control
- monks can get stuck when more than one runner is in puzzle
What's coming next?
- further improvements to the LAN lobby
- timed game support for LAN games