A lot of work that went into the March update was making fixes and tweaks here and there to make the game match the Original Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monks' Revenge more closely. Poor network performance was also fixed in this update after it was introduced in the February update.
What are you waiting for? Head on over to the downloads page page and get a copy! Special thanks this month go to Howie, Leandro, Ali, George, Trevor, William + everyone who downloaded previous builds.
If you find anything at all that is wrong with the game so far or have any ideas or suggestions, please get in touch with me. Your feedback is very important to making this project as good as it can possibly be.
Continue reading for a summary of all the fixes, improvements and new features in the March update.
- 1 new feature, 2 bugs fixed
- bug fix to ensure puzzles created in the project open in the Original Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monks' Revenge
- the default position for the toolbox is now outside the puzzle in full-screen (if there is enough space)
Toolbox default position in full screen
- 1 new feature, 12 bugs fixed, 10 improvements
- all tools should now match the Original
- tweaked draw order of players in hidey-holes
- text alerts show the remaining time in timed games (every 10 minutes and when 5 minutes remain)
- Suspended monks quirk now matches the Original
- Bouncing off walls quirk now matches the Original
- Flying Lode Runner quirk now matches the Original
- You can't use that here quirk now matches the Original
- runners now land on monks similar to the Original
- regenerating bombs overhauled to better match the Original
Draw order before and after
You're now alerted in timed games
- 2 bugs fixed, 5 improvements
- fixed lagging gameplay introduced in the February update
- basic word-wrap added to lobby chat
- RPC framework overhaul
- massive bandwidth savings
- 1 new feature, 2 bugs fixed, 8 improvements
- game now launches in full-screen by default
- error crash files now include a copy of your game config file
- performance gains when loading content
- cut/copy/paste/highlight support added to textboxes
- regen bombs no longer show in puzzle previews
- non-default keyboard bindings may not apply correctly
What's coming next?
- further improvements to networked games