August update now ready!
The August build is now available to download for Windows, Mac and Linux. This build focused on fixing outstanding monk AI glitches, adding to LAN support and a complete overhaul of the editor.
Still playing the Original Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monks' Revenge"? If you've got the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, then you can read this post on what has changed.
This monthly post covers the highlights from the last month of work. If you like to read the weekly update posts featured in this build, you can find them here: weeks #31, #32, #33, and #34
What are you waiting for? Head on over to the downloads page page and get a copy!
Special thanks this month go to Howie, Leandro, Steve, Jared, Ali and everyone who downloaded the August build.
If you find anything at all that is wrong with the game so far or have any ideas or suggestions, please get in touch with me. Your feedback is very important to making this project as good as it can possibly be.
Continue reading for a summary of all the fixes, improvements and new features in the July update.
- 2 new features, 8 improvements
- complete overhaul of editor, reducing code, increasing maintainability and adding new features
- paint and erase updated to match MS Paint
- updates to cut/copy/paste to match MS Paint
- hovering the mouse over a bomb will highlight blocks that will be destroyed
- improvements to undo
- secret exits added
Secret exit door
- 1 new feature, 14 bugs fixed, 6 improvements
- numerous fixes to monk AI
- fixed bug that caused players to move through blocks
- fixed bug that did not squish players in blocks
- fixed bomb detonations to match Original
- fixed issue that delayed blocks bombed by more than one explosion from closing/healing correctly
- UI tweaks to gameplay settings based on feedback
- support for secret exits
Minor update to gameplay settings
- 1 bug fixed, 5 improvements
- games are now auto-saved when a player unexpectedly quits
- resume game on the menu now works correctly
- limited life options are now available for LAN games
- puzzles transferred from the host now save in your Operating System's temporary folder
- relaxed bandwidth saving measures
- 2 new features, 8 bugs fixed, 7 improvements
- read-only textboxes separated into a label control
- menu bar no longer shows in fullscreen on OS X
DisableForceFeedbackadded to config file
- pressing F12 will save a screenshot to your Lode Runner Online directory
- tooltip text updated
- "changelog.txt" file now included in monthly builds
- video player fixes
What's coming next?
- improved monk AI: this will be the main focus of the September build
- updated file dialog
- updates to lobby