September update now ready!
The September build is now available to download for Windows, Mac and Linux. The main focus of the September build was improving monk AI, building upon existing features and trying to get this remake to match the Original as closely as possible.
If you've playing the Original Lode Runner Online: The Mad Monks' Revenge with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, then this post has a list of all the known pitfalls.
This monthly post covers the highlights from the last month of work. If you like to read the weekly update posts featured in this build, you can find them here: weeks #35, #36, #37/38, and #39
What are you waiting for? Head on over to the downloads page page and get a copy!
Special thanks this month go to Howie, Leandro, Steve, Ali and Artyom + everyone who downloaded the August build.
If you find anything at all that is wrong with the game so far or have any ideas or suggestions, please get in touch with me. Your feedback is very important to making this project as good as it can possibly be.
Continue reading for a summary of all the fixes, improvements and new features in the September update.
- 1 new feature, 9 bugs fixed, 4 improvements
- numerous bug fixes when selecting/copying/pasting regions
- flip horizontally (CTRL+< ) and vertically (CTRL+> ) added to toolbox
- paint tool now matches the Original in regards to painting buried items
- numerous fixes to the undo command
- updated bomb paint helper;
- easily see what will be destroyed
- easily see what areas will survive an explosion
- updated tooltip text in the puzzle viewer
More user-friendly bomb helper
Flip horizontally and vertically now on the toolbox
Updated puzzle viewer tooltips
- 1 new feature, 13 bugs fixed, 24 improvements
- significant monk AI changes;
- no longer bunch together on ladders
- numerous tweaks to match the Original game
- updates to collision detection
- you can no longer move left/right if the up/down key was held down first - this matches the Original
- fixed bug that allowed players to run through walls
- goo tool now matches the Original
- runners on ladders match the Original more closely
- fixes to controlling monks with YOG mode enabled
- if the game crashes, an auto-save will be created so you don't loose your game
- "Can't drop that here..." added to Quirks Mode
- improvements to cut-scene handling
- updates to jackhammer tool to match the Original
Dropping tools while you are using them
Monks no longer get cramped on ladders
- 2 new features, 1 improvement
- improvements to prevent players falling to far behind the host
- support for YOG mode adding to LAN games
- revert option added to lobby (when hosting)
Revert toggle to speedily reset all game options without quitting and starting again
- 1 new feature, 2 bugs fixed, 13 improvements
- file dialog updates;
- browse puzzle/saves folder in the file dialog no longer stays pinned at the top
- results now show files that start with the filter or contains it (easy to find your stuff)
- improved handling of loading world assets
- updated game positioning system
- overhaul of puzzle interaction
- return of the game credits when at the main menu (not the end of game credits) CTRL/CMD+A
- numerous updates to error handling/crash file generation
Files in the red ring did not previously show
What's coming next?
- investigate/fix LAN games crashing